CAND Award Applications
CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF NUTRITION AND DIETETICS & ACADEMY OF NUTRITION AND DIETETICS AWARD APPLICATIONS
AWARDS APPLICATIONS – DUE By Noon on 10/23/2017
The Awards Committee request your assistance in soliciting nominations for the Academy Of
Nutrition And Dietetics and California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Awards. Consider the criteria carefully and reply as soon as possible.
Review the instructional document prior to completing the application.
(NOTE: Click the name of the award to download the application.)
CAND Awards Given to Members of the AND/CAND
- CAND Dolores Nyhus Memorial Award / AND Outstanding Dietitian of the Year
- Distinguished Service Award
- Crystal Award
CAND PRACTICE AWARDS
1. These awards can only be given to the same person one time in any one practice category.
2. “Active Participation” in a local district or state dietetic association implies service to that group as a committee member, officer or evidenced action beyond general participation as a member.
Practice Award Nomination Form / Practice Award Criteria for Selection Forms
- Carol Hayes Torio Excellence in Management
- Excellence in Clinical Dietetics
- Excellence in Community Nutrition
- Excellence in Private Practice, Business or Communications
- Excellence in Education
- Excellence in Research
- Excellence in Technical Practice
CAND AWARDS GIVEN TO A NON-MEMBER INDIVIDUAL OR COMPANY
ACADEMY OF NUTRITION AND DIETETICS AWARDS
- Outstanding Dietetic Student
- Outstanding Dietetic Educator
- Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year – Total of 10 Awards given (One Per District)
- Recognized Young Diet Technician of the Year – Total of 1 Awards given (One Per State)
- Emerging Dietetic Leader Award – Total of 1 Awards given (One Per State)